[Originally featured on TheHealthyHappyGirl.com]
Rikki Cortese here – I have a GREAT recipe to share with you today to try out after you’re done carving your pumpkins for Halloween! Be sure to save those pumpkin seeds!
Garlic Paprika Pumpkin Seeds
Yields: 1 serving Pumpkin-seeds
Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (rinse and dried – I did this the night before)
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- A few grinds of pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well coated.
- Spread onto pan evenly and roast for about 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. I pulled this batch out at around 35 minutes. Seeds are done when they are crispy (you can taste test to check) and golden brown.
I LOVE pumpkin seeds, especially when they are nice and crisp. This is the first time I’ve baked them at this temperature (last time I tried 350) and these are so much better!
Pumpkin seeds are an incredibly healthy snack, rich in omega-3s (healthy fats), fiber and protein. Also helps alkalize the body’s pH levels.
This could be a fun family activity! Everyone can prepare their own seeds with different ingredients (secretly) and have a competition of which seasoning tastes the best. Here are a few other combinations to try:
- sugar + nutmeg + cinnamon
- ginger + orange zest
- salt + Jalapeño powder
- red pepper flakes + paprika + cayenne pepper
- BBQ seasoning + salt
- Parmesan + black pepper + basil
Have fun and enjoy!!
– Rikki Cortese